I have found an useful chinese-english/ english-chinese dictionary  . you can also search by pinyin. The feature that I like the most is that it can also teach you how to write the character and the right order of the strokes. I hope it will be useful to you. ^.^ !

Link to dictionary - MDBG

Views: 320

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, that is a wonderful resource; I use that everyday:)

I've been working on a Chinese Dictionary website myself.

Besides having search by pinyin, it also has example sentences. 

Let me know what you think.

oooh....the example sentences are useful indeed. good job!

Thanks. Let me know if you have any ideas on how I could improve things.

Steven,

If you can incorporate pronunciation and some essential phrases of the character,  it will be even more wonderful. Great work :)

An update: 
I recently updated the Chinese-English dictionary on 3000 Hanzi. It now has sound files for each word.

I'm working on adding essential phrases soon. 

Steven,

That is great!!  I am looking forward to your next step, keep us informed.

A little suggestion, maybe you would like to find a plugin, so you will have the sound on the same page?

Have a good spring season.

looks good! great job!  if you had pinyin under the character's in the example sentence it would be beneficial to the beginner i think! 

Kevin,

Great suggestion. I'll be working on adding pinyin to sentences, improving sentence quality and adding more sentences in the next few weeks.

I've finished adding pinyin to the sentences in the dictionary.

Instead of displaying the pinyin under the sentence, it displays on a popover.

Let me know what you think.

Steven, 你好!

这个格局我 很 喜欢!

I hope my sentence is structured ok !

This is great! also when you click on a character and the pinyin is highlighted in red is a real nice touch !  nice work ! I love the simplicity of the site! 

Thanks for the kind words. 

Any more suggestions for improvements I can make? 

RSS

Recommended Resource

Certified Online Chinese Teacher

Recommended Live Chinese Class

Mandarin tutor on skype

mandarin tutor on skype

Popular School in China

Try I Love Learning Chinese

Sponsored Links

© 2019   Learn Chinese Online at Study More Chinese, created by Brandon. Contact us for links & advertising.

StudyMoreChinese on Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Google Plus  |  LinkedIN   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service