New Members - What is a word that you have learned recently?

This is a topic designed for New Members.

Just add a comment below with a Chinese word that you learned recently. 

Examples:

"I just had my first class so we learned Ni Hao, hello" or "I listened to a Chinese podcast a few days where I learned Robot 机器人 jī qì rén"

You can use pinyin or characters, whichever is better for your level. If you want to look up the word to make sure you have it right you can use www.dianhuadictionary.com

So what is a word that have you learned recently?

Views: 4923

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Recently, talking with a chinese friend, i learned  打耳洞 ! :)  ěr dòng

An elementary one, but still. Today learned word weekend - 周末, in which 周 means the same as 星期 - week

彼得·希格斯 = Peter Higgs

希格斯玻色子 = Higgs boson

Fán qiē jī dàn tāng. Tomatoe soup with eggs. Tried out, it was delicious:-)

亚美加 + Jamaica!

Hello,

The word that I have learned recently is 'kao shi' : 考试, because this is the moment in my univ. to have lot of exam :) 

Nice to meet you. And very nice this website :)

And 考生 kao3sheng1 is the student doing an exam!
This morning I learned the word 'present, gift', which is 礼品 li3pin3.
I was at the waiting room before my HKS exam, which was this morning. Hope the exam result is a gift for me!
One of the words I have recently learned in class is: 手 机 shõu jī, cell phone

the last word I learned in chinese is 霸权。。。(hegemony)  ! :-)

Hello Brandon

I have learned a number of new words recently as a beginner.

I cite one example 

天路  (tian lu) meaning Heavenly Road which is a beautiful Chinese song about the railway from China to Tibet.

I am very happy to have been accepted as a member of this group.

Sincerely

Colin Greatorex

The word I learnt recently which I can also draw from memory is Zhongguo - Middle Kingdom. My method of learning that I am trying is to learn one word at a time, and when I can pronounce it and draw it from memory, I learn another.

I owe much to the most beautiful singer I have ever heard - Teresa Teng. The song I am learning at the moment is Tianmi mi.

Xiexie

RSS

Certified Online Chinese Teacher

Recommended Live Chinese Class

Mandarin tutor on skype

mandarin tutor on skype

Popular School in China

Try I Love Learning Chinese

Sponsored Links

© 2020   Learn Chinese Online at Study More Chinese, created by Brandon. Contact us for links & advertising.

StudyMoreChinese on Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Google Plus  |  LinkedIN   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service