New Members - What is a word that you have learned recently?

This is a topic designed for New Members.

Just add a comment below with a Chinese word that you learned recently. 

Examples:

"I just had my first class so we learned Ni Hao, hello" or "I listened to a Chinese podcast a few days where I learned Robot 机器人 jī qì rén"

You can use pinyin or characters, whichever is better for your level. If you want to look up the word to make sure you have it right you can use www.dianhuadictionary.com

So what is a word that have you learned recently?

Views: 4923

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On my recent trip to China last week I learned several new technical terms related to the products I sell including 阀, 泵、and 呼吸器.

Well the new word I learnt today is why I found this site:) I was trying to find out the Chinese for pistachio, and a search brought me to this site and the post about the "happy nut" kai xin gua 开 心 瓜. (I think I have that right).

I am really pleased to find more on line help and hopefully fun. Looking forward to meeting new people and expanding my Chinese knowledge and sharing what I know.

I consider myself lower intermediate although I have been learning for the last 25 years (mostly self study , but also small private classes, university evening classes where I achieved a pass at stage 2a). I stopped at that level because taking exams was not really why I am learning Chinese. My main failing is lack of conversation because I have no one to talk to.

Feeling excited about joining.

Excuse any newbie mistakes:(

Hello,

My new word is:

极好 - Ji Hau.

Greetz,

Dick

I was eating some cereal today and realized I had forgotten how to say "breakfast cereal" in mandarin. Turns out it's 早餐麦片. :D 

I learned 辣 (là) during my trip to Beijing last month. It means "spicy"...

After a couple of trips to the local Sichuan restaurant I finally realized that different degrees of spicyness is called:

老辣 (Lǎo là) - VERY (old) spicy

中辣 (Zhōng là) - Medium spicy

微辣 (Wēi là) - Slightly (micro) spicy

老辣 (Lǎo là) - great Jonas, I didn't know that. super useful, thanks for sharing. just in time for ordering food tonight.

A word I learn is 对话。duì huà Just means to have dialogue . A little like 聊天。 liaó tiān which means to chat

I just read a cute children's story (我的水平真的不高 ^^' well for now, so I stick up to easy things to improve my reading skills :D 我一定要提高我的水平)

and I learned a new word : "贪念" [tān niàn] which means greedy 

马山

on the horse. I like that

Didn't you mean 马上? I've learned this one earlier on my Chinese study. It's a great expression for "right away"! 马山 just means Masan, the Korean Republic . ;)

I've learned the word for twins (双胞胎) when I was studying about the family. I was trying to attribute the correct names for each element of the Simpson's family when I realized that, in regard to Marge, Selma and Paty, I only knew the words for 姐姐, 妹妹 and 姐妹.

I'm revising my course book, and I've just reminded myself a very useful word which is:
遗传工程学 (Yíchuán gōngchéng xué)Genetic Engineering. It was one of my favorite words during my first year of studying. I still don't know why I had to learn it, but I hope you will find it as useful as I did :)

RSS

Certified Online Chinese Teacher

Recommended Live Chinese Class

Mandarin tutor on skype

mandarin tutor on skype

Popular School in China

Try I Love Learning Chinese

Sponsored Links

© 2020   Learn Chinese Online at Study More Chinese, created by Brandon. Contact us for links & advertising.

StudyMoreChinese on Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Google Plus  |  LinkedIN   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service