New Members - What is a word that you have learned recently?

This is a topic designed for New Members.

Just add a comment below with a Chinese word that you learned recently. 

Examples:

"I just had my first class so we learned Ni Hao, hello" or "I listened to a Chinese podcast a few days where I learned Robot 机器人 jī qì rén"

You can use pinyin or characters, whichever is better for your level. If you want to look up the word to make sure you have it right you can use www.dianhuadictionary.com

So what is a word that have you learned recently?

Views: 4437

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Last week I heard someone say 况且 kuangqie which stuck in my head. It means, Besides or furthermore. I now have to learn to use it correctly. Then a friend said to use 而且 erqie instead.

I am not an expert here(!), but I have come across 而且 erqie used as 'and' in the sense of 'furthermore' as well.

I've learned 泡妞[pàoniū]. It means seducing women.

For example, you could ask your friends to go out with you tonight for 泡妞 at a club.

I don't know if this word is bad or not. It's useful, I guess.

For me, I was learning languages/countries. I don't know why, but I never learned Spanish until today.

西
bānwén
Spanish (Language)
I find it interesting that I hadn't learned it because that is what I studied in college.

西班牙语 should read Xībānyáyǔ 

西班牙文 Xībānyáwén 

of course they both mean Spanish. 

袅娜娉婷

Is used to refer to pretty (graceful!) young women. But is terrible to write this when your square is less than 1 square centimetre and your pen bleeds.

earlier this month was my first day back in Shanghai for work and everyone went to lunch w/o me. afterward one guy suggested i go get take-out or 外卖 (wàimài). i guess i am not too popular with my co-workers, but hey, i learned a new word that i won't forget too soon. 

有钱就是任性。 Yǒu qián jiùshì rènxìng.  Rich person can be spoiled.   It's the most popular Chinese saying among younger this year.

Well, I learned how to say ice cream in Chinese, which is ”冰其林 “ (bīng qí lín.)

我最近学“目标”的词!哈哈在这里,这个词很有用!Haha, I am so excited to learn, and a goal should do just that!

mama Huhu. Which means so so if asked 'how are you'

I've just learned that Chinese people don't like to have bare feet when at home... It is important to wear slippers 

tuō xǐ

Ha ha so you don't catch a cold.

RSS

Recommended Resource

Certified Online Chinese Teacher

Recommended Live Chinese Class

Mandarin Tutor on Skype

mandarin tutor on skype

Popular School in China

Try I Love Learning Chinese

Next gen tech for dominating HSK prep

Sponsored Links

© 2017   Learn Chinese Online at Study More Chinese, created by Brandon. Contact us for links & advertising.

StudyMoreChinese on Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Google Plus  |  LinkedIN   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service