New Members - What is a word that you have learned recently?

This is a topic designed for New Members.

Just add a comment below with a Chinese word that you learned recently. 

Examples:

"I just had my first class so we learned Ni Hao, hello" or "I listened to a Chinese podcast a few days where I learned Robot 机器人 jī qì rén"

You can use pinyin or characters, whichever is better for your level. If you want to look up the word to make sure you have it right you can use www.dianhuadictionary.com

So what is a word that have you learned recently?

Views: 4619

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

里约热内卢

I recently learned 打网球 (Dǎ wǎngqiú) which means to play tennis.

hi Mandy Luna - was that because you play tennis or just in the middle of a sports discussion?

Hi. It is because I play tennis and had an assignment to write about my weekend plans in Chinese.

I was just using memrise to learn the 100 most used verbs and I learned the verb 'gao su' 告诉 which means 'to tell' I had heard it quite often,  but never knew how to write it haha.

Hey Ralph - that also happens to me a lot, learning characters a long time after speaking/using a word. for some reason, i keep wanting to add a ni3 on the end of gaosu though 告诉你. Is that used like 'i will tell you' or 'i am going to tell you' ?

The word I recently learned over breakfast is 咖椰 = Kāyē or Kaya in English. This is coconut jam with pandan leaf, very tasty!

hi giullaume - that's a unique word, i didn't even know it in English. Where did you have that? common breakfast for you?

Kaya toasts and teh tarik is a popular breakfast dish in Singapore and in Malaysia. I brought a few jars home from my last trip, and I also found some at my local Asian supermarket.

我住在北德国。 我学了子:"没钱州"。这是汉语Mecklenburg Vorpommern 。一个德国的州没有钱。

lol    nice work!

I recently studied 預算, meaning  "budget". I think it's really nice because it just is composed of two words for "in advance" and  "plan"... :)

RSS

Mandarin learning for kids

Recommended Resource

Certified Online Chinese Teacher

Recommended Live Chinese Class

Mandarin Tutor on Skype

mandarin tutor on skype

Popular School in China

Try I Love Learning Chinese

Sponsored Links

© 2019   Learn Chinese Online at Study More Chinese, created by Brandon. Contact us for links & advertising.

StudyMoreChinese on Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Google Plus  |  LinkedIN   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service