New Members - What do you find motivating about Chinese?

This is a topic designed for New Members. There are no wrong answers and there's no reason to be shy - it's just an easy way to get started by taking 1 minute to type a reply and share something positive. If you want to say a little more, go for it!

An example:

I find it really motivating when older people get very happy and enthusiastic that you speak some Chinese. Just knowing how much they appreciate the effort makes it easier to keep going.

So... what do you find motivating about learning Chinese? Or why do you study? Or do you have any stories about how you became more motivated to learn?

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love languages.  I find that Mandarin Chinese is one of the most challenging and useful languages for me, which is a good thing.  I love their music, movies, food, and so much more.  

porque o chines é uma das linguas mais faladas do oriente e do mundo. então eu acho que aprender esta lingua pode abrir muitas portas na comunicação com o povo oriental

I love Chinese not just because it's my first language, but also because of the large amount of information that the Chinese can contain. Every character, word and phrase has its own history and story which can reflect ancient Chinese people's believes and philosophies.
What motivates me is the fact that Mandarin Chinese doesn't have alphabets but symbols and its very interesting finding different ways of learning them.

RSS

Recommended Resource

Certified Online Chinese Teacher

Recommended Live Chinese Class

Mandarin Tutor on Skype

mandarin tutor on skype

Popular School in China

Try I Love Learning Chinese

Next gen tech for dominating HSK prep

Sponsored Links

© 2017   Learn Chinese Online at Study More Chinese, created by Brandon. Contact us for links & advertising.

StudyMoreChinese on Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Google Plus  |  LinkedIN   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service